By Rini Varghese
Why is it better than other solutions in the market?
- Absolutely no foul smell. A biodegradable waste which is generating foul smell when introduced into the composting medium loose the foul smell immediately
- It has naturally occuring aerobic composting microbes that converts your organic waste into high value compost in just 23- 30 days.
- No leachate during the process
- No flies when the moisture is maintained at an optimum level. Even if the maggots are generated it becomes inactive and dies in a few days.
- Frequent turning of the material not required thereby reducing the inconvenience associated with turning.
- A consortium of naturally occurring aerobic composting microbes breaks down all the complex bio molecules. It acts effectively on both vegetarian and non- vegetarian food.
- Compost provides a rich growing medium, or a porous, absorbent material that holds moisture and soluble minerals, providing the support and nutrients in which plants can flourish.
- When mixed with soil it can boost the level of organic matter and the overall fertility of the soil.
- Composting can destroy pathogens or unwanted seeds.
- Using Compost as a growing medium reduces water requirement to one- fourth the normal recommended dosage thereby effectively saving 75% of water consumption